You Will Need:
- A small wooden paint panel
- Small posts to elevate the panel from your table top surface.
- 3 or more acrylic paint colours that complement one another.
- Acrylic Pouring Medium
- Mixing Cups for each colour plus 1 more for the final pour.
- Mixing sticks (popsicle sticks)
- Plastic sheet to protect your table surface
Stir together approximately equal parts acrylic paint colour to pouring medium into each cup.
Pour a bit of each colour you’ve mixed into a new cup, alternating colours and allowing colours to layer upon one another – do not stir colours!
Place wood panel surface on top of cup and then quickly flip the cup and panel so the cup is firmly held upside down against the panel. Place onto the posts on your table top while keeping the cup held against the panel.
Slowly lift the cup and watch the magic happen! Tilt the panel as needed to move the paint pour around to cover the entire surface. Use a stir stick to help cover the panel sides with paint. Don’t worry about the over-pours – we have a Bonus Project coming soon for this so no waste!
Leave to dry (approx. 24 hours) before framing.
Clean Art Tips! Wet acrylic paint cleans up with soap and water acrylic paint can stain clothing and porous surfaces. Gloves can help make clean-up easier. Doing your pour within an aluminum tray can contain over-pours.